This is our story....of love, life, and adoption

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Nice while it lasted!!



Yes folks, the idea of our vacation was nice while it lasted, but alas it is no more. We were so close. I could feel the sand between my toes and the sun on my face, but it has bid us adios.



For the third year in a row, Jon and I have to go with out a vacation. It seems that these dark circles under our eyes are much more attractive then a new golden tan. The idea of sleeping in late and sunning on the beach with a crisp cold corona in our hands is a dream of yesterday.



I miss you vacation!!



It seems the universe has other more practical things we have to spend our money on. And to top that off, we've had to dip into our baby account for the down payment. Jon is so nervous about this, because he feels that the minute we pull this money out; you know, all the money we worked our batooties off to save, we will get the "call". We were breathing easier because we had all the adoption expenses saved. But not now. We've been trying to make our cars last another year, just a little bit longer until we got our baby. That was the plan. We didn't need a car payment right now. But that's just not happening. Last night Jon was driving to work, it was pouring down rain, he was going like 20mph thorough what was NOT deep water in the roads when all of a sudden....silence. The car stopped working. He pushed it to a safer place and hiked two miles(b/c he forgot his cell phone) in the pouring rain, in the dark, at night, with no sidewalks to the nearest gas station to call me. The car is still not working, something about sucking water through some air intake valve into the engine that makes this not a good situation. So what we've been trying to avoid has pushed it's way into our lives. Now mind you my car is in the shop. The truck is on it's last leg. So we closed our eyes w/drew the money, got a loan at the bank, nixed our vacation plans, and tomorrow we get to buy a car. So we know it sucks that we have to do this right now, but I also know that Jon is excited that he gets a new vehicle. Tomorrow I shall posts pictures of what our no vacation gets us!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your hearts. You guys are the most deserving family I know for some good news. I hope you get the car you want AND 'the call'. It's way past time.

Jan

dawn said...

Reality Bites.......but you woill have a safe and reliable family car for the little one.

TaiwanMommy said...

You know, I'll second that about the reliable car. What if BabyBoy had been in the car with Jon? It's better this way...

MAKE a vacation.. splurge on some Margarita mix, and big glasses. Stick an umbrella on the beach, and have fun!

I'm sorry your parade got rained on. :( But you'll be glad for that car later..

xoxoxo
me

Anonymous said...

My husband came home today and said "please tell me we can take a vacation?" Nope. Sorry hun. I am sorry you don't have yours either.

Sherry said...

Poor Jon! That totally sucks! Its always times like that when youve forgoten a cell phone.

Poor Ann! No Cold Corona's on the beach this year... thats no fun either! While Jon's buyin a new ride stop by MD... we'll take you on vacation with us.

Or better yet save all the money you can & spend a month in Taiwan when you get that call! Thats what I would do! :)

Sarah said...

Darnit. I'm sorry to hear the bad car news. I'm putting off a new car for myself. Not having a car payment this year is part of what has helped us save for adoption expenses, too. And to answer your question... no, you can't hire me because yes I'll do photo collages for you anytime. E-mail me pictures when you're ready! I'm serious.

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Sucky! Sorry about the car and the lack of a relaxing vacation. Good news has GOT to be coming soon!

redmaryjanes said...

I'm so sorry honey. That stuff happens to us too. We vacation at relatives who take us in for free. Hang in there. Your new car will be great!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Ann. I am glad that you and Jon were okay though, it's scary to be stuck in the rain and your car is not working. Have a great July 4th.

C's Mom said...

Bummer...I hope it gets you something good and reliable.

Pick yourself up some Corona at least!

Chairman Mom said...

I second what C.J. said! Get some Coronas, turn off the phone, play some tropical music and give yourself a mini vacation!

Hang in there, girl!

Stacey, the Hegemom
http://chairmanmom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the vacation, but he truck is so cool! You'll have to go on a road trip for vacation next year WITH the baby!!

Debbie