Friday, April 21, 2006
Jon says I don't have any good pictures of him on our blog. So here is a layout I did of us right before our first helicopter ride. He looks like a man's man here, right? Notice the little yellow thing around our waists. This was our parachute or something that was supposed to help if the helicopter went down. Do you see how little it was, I'm not too convinced it would've helped.
at 8:59 PM
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
I really have nothing to post about, but I feel like I need to write something since I haven't posted in a while. Jen, got me back into scrapping when she helped me with the birthmother album. Boy, did she really get me back into things, she even gave me some stuff to get restarted. She's unleashed a fanatic. Since I have nothing to fill my days as I wait for our baby, I figured I would catch up on all our photos. Note: I'm still working on our honeymoon which was almost five years ago. So I have that to do, our actual wedding pictures, and a couple of vacations to scrap. That should keep me occupied until our little one gets here. I have to catch up b/c once the baby is here I'll have a slew of other pictures to scrap I'm sure. So here are a couple. I'm not very good yet, but I'll get there.
at 6:06 PM
Sunday, April 09, 2006
So I've waited until after midnight so I could officially say that we have made it through our first month of waiting. One month down...heh heh heh...it wasn't too bad...well maybe just a little...well a little worse than a little...kinda a little...did time slow that last month....no really...THAT WAS THE LOOOONGEST MONTH ...EVER!!!!
at 1:21 AM
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Yes people I am a night shift widow. When I get home from work, I have to be stealth like so as not to wake the sleeping husband. Diligently working around the house...well not actually working, but that's what I tell him. It's more like hanging out on the computer or scrapping. But, then the magical hour approaches when I get to wake up the elusive sleeping prince. Quietly I approach him, but I must not do it too quickly or I risk a bear like reaction. Softly, almost whisper like.. "Honey? OHHHHH Honey....It's time to get up...time to go to work". If I have done my job correctly, I might get a sweet " alright, I'm up" If not done correctly the big bad bear rears his ugly head "What!?! it's not time yet! I heard you already!!" But most days this princess has done her job right, and gets to spend a magical hour with her prince. Then off to work he goes and I again becomes a night shift widow....
at 8:18 PM
Saturday, April 01, 2006
32 YeARs!!! Happy Birthday to Me!!
- I have earned my 32 years
- I have learned to love me...faults and all
- Everything happens as it is supposed to
- I cannot control everything..although I try
- I am often wrong(don't tell Jon)
- I am more often right(had to put that)
- I am totally in love with my husband
- Marriage is hard
- But marriage is soooo worth it
- My family comes above all else
- Sacrifice...for anything you truly want
- I don't have patience..although I seek it
- I am a true worrier
- My heart is softer than I show others
- I am truly shy although others don't see it
- I used to be afraid of my own voice
- I often speak before thinking
- I honestly believe in my abilities in life
- I fight for what I believe in
- I truly believe in God and his hand in my life everyday
- I love that I work with children everyday
- I have made mistakes
- I am very hard on me
- I am learning to compromise
- I am learning to slow down
- I hate to shop
- I love my dogs
- I don't lie about my age...I embrace it
- I thought I would have children by now
- I know I'll be a great parent
- The next year will change my life
- In the next year I WILL become a MOMMY!!!
at 10:03 PM