This is our story....of love, life, and adoption

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Number 8..


So when we started this adoption, the average was eight months for a referral. We're here!!!! But alas as you all know, things change. It sucks. I remember when we started 8 months seemed so far off. I couldn't imagine getting to the eight month mark. And now that we're here, well we're talking at least another 4 months(maybe more) until our referral and then we have the court process which can be another 4 or so months until we travel. Now I really can't imagine 8 more months!!! Can you imagine another eight months? What can I talk about for another 8 months!?! I'm not liking this eight number!! But I will try to stay positive...Okay, I'm done trying.... No really, at least we've made it this far and we aren't just starting. So today I will celebrate getting to this eight month mark...and moving on to better things!!

13 comments:

island girl said...

it will all fly by girl! every month, week and day will be more than worth it!

eggrolls and chopsticks said...

Woo Hoo....you made it to 8 months. See you never thought you would see this little number and you did and now the rest will just zoom on by. ( I am trying to convince myself as well.LOL)

Congrats on being at the big number 8.

malou said...

You guys have come a long way, the months just keep flying!

Tammy said...

Congrats on 8 months. I'm hoping you get your call soon.

Lucia, Adam, Noah and Camille said...

You are getting closer! I like the new look of your blog...one day you will have to teach me how to do such cool things on the blog. Have a good day!

Kelly said...

I am so sorry about the wait time increasing. I know how hard this must be for you guys. I will be really hoping that things pick back up. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

The number "8" blows. Wee have been waiting for 8 months since we finished our homestudy for our country (Vietnam) to open. Yours in good company. :)

mIcHeLlE-o said...

Wish you lived closer we could have a beer and celbrate how much closer you really are. I know your referral is out there soon and it's going to be a fantastic one.

Tamara said...

Oh Ann I can identify. When I sent in my paperwork for China adoption the wait was 6 months for a referral. Well, I waited 14 months. It is tough. I wish you peace while you wait.

Jennifer "Jenny" said...

Wow I am able to leave you a comment. Happy 8 months and I hope your remaining wait is shorter then you think!

Brian and Holly said...

8 months, you made it! I hope that your call comes sooner than you think. Also, great new look for the blog.

The Rasmussen's said...

Ann many people are rooting for you. Hang in there and when you get that referral we will all be shouting it from the roof tops.

Kelly
adopting_from_taiwan

Annie said...

Ann, hopefully the wait is shorter than you think. You are 8 months closer to your baby than when you started, so that is good!
~Annie