This is our story....of love, life, and adoption

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Note to self: men's underwear---NOT comfortable!!!

So my trauma for the day and sure to put a smile on everyone's face. We so need to laugh during this journey so I will sacrifice myself!!
Lately I've been getting up very early, going to the gym at work, working out, then showering at the gym before going to work. In the wee morning hours I grab underwear, a bra and scrubs for the day. Okay, so that's what happened, went to the gym, worked out, showered then went to put on my underwear...only it's not my underwear...It's Jon's boxer brief underwear the same color grey as mine..Now I have a dilemma.. I can wear Jon's underwear or go "commando". At work when you're busy, sweating and moving a lot I need a good ole pair of cotton undies..so I HAVE to wear JON'S UNDERWEAR!!! ALL DAY!!

Done...go to work, tell my friends cuz I thinks it's slightly humorous...By 0815 my entire OR room knows that I am wearing Jon's underwear. By afternoon half the OR knows and by the end of the day the girls in the recovery room are asking to see that I really have JOn's underwear on. Then I have to explain how I got his underwear mixed up with mine and why I didn't notice. FUN..FUN...FUN... just in case you ladies are wondering, men's underpants...not so comfortable...all day I was fixing them, pulling them down, adjusting them. Ever wonder why men adjust themselves all day....IT'S THE UNDERWEAR!!!! They are not comfortable. I had one doc tell me it's because I didn't have the right equipment to "fill" out the underwear properly, Yeah thanks for that bit of knowledge.

So at 0515 tomorrow when I'm heading out the door, I will make sure that I have my underwear with me!!!

15 comments:

Monkey said...

That is too funny. Thanks for tha laugh of the day!

C's Mom said...

I did exactly the same thing one day. It WAS awful. I felt like I had room to stuff a grapefruit down the front of my scrubs....very disconcerting ;0)

Ahh...being single. I won't mix up the undies again for a while anyway!

island jen said...

omg..i'm like this close to calling you so you can hear me laugh over the phone...this needs to be a scrap page...i can just see it now....a picture of jon's underwear with this long and hilarious story about the day your wore it! i love it!

Tamara said...

hee hee- that's a good one, thanks for the chuckle!

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Actually the truth is that M has these funky army underwear that are actually attached to the army shorts and I wear them sometimes to work out in. Sadly, they fit me. And even more disturbing- I look good in them.

Anonymous said...

He, He, I was crackin' up the whole time I am reading this, Ann. Sorry, just too darn funny but thank you for sharing it w/us. Ahh, no wonder I see men squirm about.

dawn said...

Ann.
OMG that is the funniest thing I have ever read on a blog. Thank you so much for sharing it.I have visions of you wriggling and squirming around all day long.

So what did Jon say?

Anonymous said...

THat gave me my laugh for the day!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Jan

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Way too funny! I needed a good laugh...thank you! I am calling you right after I leave this comment.

Anonymous said...

I am for real on the floor LMAO. This was too damn funny. I'm going to have tell Robbie this one, sorry. Thanks for the laugh.

Tao's Mommy said...

Thanks for the chuckle!!! Toooo funny GIRL!!
Glad I dont have that problemo right now!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Ann,
I finally looked at your blog. I knew that Dottie's DIL had posted on our blog while we were in China, but until now, I just hadn't had a chance to look at your blog. I'm exicted for you, and hope your wait is shorter than ours was. I'd love to meet you & Jon your little one someday!
Lisa

Lisa said...

Hi Ann,
I finally looked at your blog. I knew that Dottie's DIL had posted on our blog while we were in China, but until now, I just hadn't had a chance to look at your blog. I'm exicted for you, and hope your wait is shorter than ours was. I'd love to meet you & Jon & your little one someday!
Lisa

NikkiM said...

Too too funny! Since we've been married, I have been on the search for t-shirt cotton soft briefs that don't haveopen seams on the "underside" like some boxers do... I've been successful at Target getting them in packs of 2 for $8.99 - he loves them and they are the first (only 2) pairs he wears each week and if he does laundry mid-week, he;ll make sure those two are in the light load :) I'm pretty pproud of myself, I call them his "teddywears" LOL my big baby :)

Kristin said...

First laugh of the day... thanks!