This is our story....of love, life, and adoption

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Today...

The 9th. Of every month. I celebrated it. I cringed it. I watched it's passing every month with nary a word. I marked it's coming and going every month. Today would have been 24 months on the waiting list. 24 was causing much strife and knots in my stomach. I hated 24. I knew it was coming. But it didn't see us, not this time. And I am grateful that I didn't have to post a big ugly 24, but instead a big beautiful picture of Claire. But it has visited my friends. And some of 24's friends have visited my friends. I don't like 24 and his friends. Go away. Stay away from my friends!!!
To my friends that are still waiting...I am thinking of you. I know that it is hard. I'm going to hunt down 24 and his friends and annihilate them....Banish them...roast them...
On the Anniversary of what would have been 24 months for us, I am celebrating the strength and support that you all have given me to get through each month to that call. Thank you for journeying with us, celebrating, crying, hoping, and praying. It has made the difference. And I hope and pray that you are sharing that call and photo with me very soon!!

{{{HUGS}}}

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

:0) Thank you!

4D said...

Can not wait for that day. Thx for sharing.

Keep smilin!

Tish said...

isn't is crazy how when you finally see that sweet face, the anguish of the wait seems to melt away? i am so happy for you!

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my...she is just beautiful. What an angelic face. Congratulations to the both of you. Your dream came true in a big way.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post Ann! Your daughter is beautiful and I love her name. She looks so alert! Happy 24! WOW! Blessings, Debbie

Danny & Kristin said...

Congratulations Ann & Jon! She is beautiful!