This is our story....of love, life, and adoption

Monday, March 30, 2009

And the Doctor said....

WAIT...I won't give you any hints as to what we did that might have been pushing it a little bit yesterday...
but doesn't fresh air and sunshine help anything....
So I won't tell you, but she really does like it there...and after being cooped up in the house she really wanted to get outside....

okay, so maybe not, but she didn't "appear" as bad on Sun"day" and her fever for the time was at bay and we had family in from out of town that had never met her(or Jon for that matter) and well maybe we shouldn't have, but we did...

Anyhow, after white sores showed up on all over her tongue last night and the fever revisted, and she was up all night miserable and crying, and wouldn't eat, we headed to the docs first thing this a.m. Poor baby! Once he actually(and quite gently I might add) pried her little mouth open, we saw sores on her tongue and back of her throat..did I say poor baby..

So she has one of two things 1)cold sores from being sick ..OR 2)hand, mouth and foot disease....seriously....I had to look that one up....
So doc gave us some meds in hopes that it's cold sores and if not.....we'll be waiting for the sores on her hands and/or feet...either way I guess we'll motrin her up and wait for it to run it's course....But seriously? She only went to daycare for two days?...and now she can't even go tomorrow.....

Last night I was holding Claire as she was hunkered down on my chest...she was crying and I could just feel her pain...tears welled up in my eyes, b/c there was nothing I could do....I really felt like a parent last night.

6 comments:

Just Us said...

Poor thing!! I hope it isn't Hand Foot and Mouth. That is awful. Yu-Lin got that a month or so after starting daycare and then got roseola..urrrgghhh...the joys of day care. I too had to look up hand foot and mouth b/c I didn't know what the heck that was!! Hope she is feeling better soon.

The Family K. said...

Aww... poor sweetie. Whatever she has sounds miserable. I hope better days come her way soon.

Tisra said...

Just chant, "She's building immunity for a better body overall!" It might not help with how your heart hurts at seeing her squirm and cry, but it is the truth. She'll get this behind her and have a stronger body to fight it next time. Poor little Claire!

I love where you say, "I really felt like a parent last night". *Smile*

Tisra
www.bdhq.net

Sarah k said...

My vote is hand foot mouth. Sure sounds like it.. poor thing!! Get better soon!

Sarah k

Sarah said...

Oh no! Poor Claire bear! I vote hand foot mouth too, btw.

C's Mom said...

Poor kid. I DO hope your Claire is perking up soon.