This is our story....of love, life, and adoption

Friday, March 16, 2007

Student Loans and a Good Dream

--First off, student loans...check check. Finally after 11 years my student loans are gone!! Yipee. I swear I didn't think I would ever get those paid off. One less bill every month means more money in the bank to spend...err save.

--Now the good dream. I wasn't going to blog about it, but I want to document it, just in case I need a reference when we finally get our referral. Most of you know we have not specified gender on our request. We were told by our agency that that means we'll probably get a boy, but you never know. After having horrible dreams about my inabilities as a parent, I was very refreshed by this one. And after reading how women before pregnancies or their referrals had dreams about their children...I thought more about this dream....
--So for documentations sake.....I was holding a baby girl(!!!!) and Jon was next to me. This child was ours and for some reason I knew she was ours. She was fully Asian(not like me) and I just "knew" this. She was our daughter adopted from Taiwan. Her name was Gracie. And I was a little jealous because her first words were "dada". But then as I was holding her, she looked up at me and said "Mommy, I love you". I remember being very overwhelmed by this and felt like I was crying in my dream. Oh and she was a super genius because I felt like she was very young and she was talking to me!!! So there it is...we'll see when that referral rolls in.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet dreams.

Anonymous said...

Cool one less thing to worry about, it feels great to finally finished off a student loan! Sometimes dreams can foretell our future, I hope your dreams will come true!

Anonymous said...

Here's to dreams coming true!

Jan

C's Mom said...

Now THAT is a great dream!

Oh and congrats on having that little extra dough to blow ;0)

Kristine said...

Thanks for your comment!! Yes, I felt strange about putting my dream on the blog but I wanted it there for a record as you did too!! Reading your profile, we have a similar story. Here's hoping our "girls" come home soon!!!

dawn said...

Wow what a fabulous dream. Keep dreaming girl friend.

Congrats on whacking those student loans.

The family of six said...

I have a feeling you'll be getting that referal soon!

Jennefer said...

It is so nice to have a good dream among all of the nightmare type ones that creep into your head before adoption. I think it is your mind trying to adjust to the upcoming changes. I hope your dream comes true soon- whether it is a girl or a boy!

Annie said...

fun dream... :) Now, one of these days (hopefully VERY soon) you'll know how accurate that baby girl was. :)

Anonymous said...

It will be soon I can feel it. Funny how Angelina gets her kids so quick huh?

Stacey said...

Hi Ann!

I was just wondering if you and your hubby were going to our agency's picninc this weekend. We are planning on going down Friday night and coming back on Sat. we want to meet the staff and put faces with names. Anywho - hope to see you!

Abby's Mom said...

Great Dream!

Girl in a Guy's World said...

Ann! What a great dream! I can't wait for it to be a reality for you and The Husband. You're already an excellent mom!