This is our story....of love, life, and adoption

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Our first week home!!

I know, I know...I've been a very bad blogger!! But I've been T-I-R-E-D. As most of you know, we got delayed in Dallas and had to spend the night there before making the final trek home. We had a ton of family and friends waiting for us at the airport. It was amazing!! Hopefully someone will send those pictures to us..(hint.hint) and I'll get a short video of that for you all. The first couple of days were a whirl wind with tons of family and friends stopping by. Claire is a serious trooper!! She continues to be a great baby. It's not easy being first time parents, but Claire is really a very laid back baby. She has been through so much and almost immediately flipped her schedule. I think for the first couple of days, she went to sleep at 8pm and woke up around 3 am. By Wednesday though we had her flipped. She goes to bed around 8-9 pm, and wakes sometime between 6-8 am. I so can't complain about that. She seems so much more relaxed here. Not that she wasn't relaxed when we were in Taiwan, but it just seems different here. She is sleeping in her own room, loves her crib and all her stuff. I can't imagine what is going through her little mind right now. But she has adjusted beautifully. She is fearless. She and the dogs made friends right away. One of our dogs, the more timid one, has totally turned around and is at her side all the time. He will even bring his toy to her and drop it off in front of her in hopes that she'll throw it out for him. Our other dog is great with her too although she isn't too sure why Claire can play with her toys, but she can't play with hers. But it's great, b/c no one is afraid of the other ones. I couldn't ask for anything more. For those that don't know me personally, this was fear, that she would hate the puppies or vice verse. But again we are lucky. I have to say that it has been very easy b/c Claire is just a sweet heart. She has taken to us without a hitch and I can't imagine our lives without her. Don't get me wrong, I'm tired. I second guess myself...over and over. But she makes being a first time parent relatively easy because she is pretty forgiving of our fumblings....and we do fumble!! Claire has met half of the city it seems, been all over town, ridden in a cart for the first time, and got in the pool for the first time. She's had a busy week. So enough rambling. I made a short video of the first week...enjoy!!




14 comments:

Sarah k said...

Ok the dog story was priceless.. too cute Ann really! Best friends early on.. good signs!!! I am glad you are home and that her time adjustment is going well.. that is so amazing.. you can email me with any hints on that one..lol..

Unknown said...

t looks like it has been a wonderful first week home. Claire is a cutie. I'm so happy to hear she is adjusting so well.

BabyBain said...

Thank you for sharing the video. I love the pool pictures!

David and Janalee said...

Welcome home! I love the pictures and I am so happy that Claire and the dogs are getting along. I gotta get me one of those bibs!
Janalee

Farrah said...

WOW Great pics....That walker is awesome!!!!

she looks so happy to finally be home..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us, I've been having withdrawns wondering how everything was going since you got home. She is absolutely beautiful!! I too I'm a Gator girl! Do you live in Florida?
I live in Georgia but born & raised in Florida. :-)

Debbie
dunnchild.blogspot.com/

Erin Ly said...

I'm glad to hear you're home and doing well. Claire looks comfortable and happy in her new home. Get as much rest as you can and enjoy settling in as a family.

Sarah said...

I have puppy worries as well... mostly that the dog will be jealous of all the attention that the new baby gets. Glad to see that all of your babies are getting along!

Staci said...

Claire is so beautiful!! Glad to see you all are settling in as a family of 3. =)

Staci
www.2intaiwan.blogspot.com
waiting for referrals

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you..for some reason my computer will not let me watch the video.
Do you have any pics like you usually post?
Take care and give that sweetie a hug from all of us.

Jana

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing ;) I loved the video :)

blessings,
Tami

Tish said...

very cute! loved her in her GT! gosh, ann, when we first started looking at taiwan, yours was one of the blogs i read....and now we've been home with Matthew for one year...and you with Claire one week. i couldn't believe how looooong your wait was, but it sure ended up with the perfect little girl for your family!

William's Family said...

Yay!!! Sleeping through the night! What a triumph! So glad to hear that Claire is holding up so well and that you guys are, too.

Vonda and John said...

Ann - catching up! Claire is so beautiful! I love your blog and It is obvious that you are madly in love. I look forward to seeing more pics and hearing about future parenting adventures!

Vonda