This is our story....of love, life, and adoption

Monday, April 14, 2008

Bedroom suite complete..


We were able to get the rest of the nursery furniture to add to the crib. It's soooo beautiful and we love it. Thanks to my parents for gifting us all this!! Right now we're trying to figure out how to arrange it in her room. We have come to the conclusion that we are big furniture people in a small furniture house. Claire is going to have to play in the drawers cuz there's not much room left. Notice she already has a stuffed animal collection going. The dogs however believe that all the new toys are for them....that's going to be an issue....haha!
We have decided that we are going to try to do the mural ourselves and have purchased a small projector. Fairies and Fairies all around is what we're going to do. Jon is going to trace it all and I am going to do the painting. Uggghhh....I hope it turns out okay! I'll show the progress b/c there's not much to report.
Our paperwork made it back to the orphanage on March 31st. Say a prayer that we get a fast, efficient judge. We don't anticipate hearing anything until July. Hopefully at that time we will know about our court date, then travel two months later. PRAY!!!
The care package was rec'd on Friday, so visions of Claire with lots and lots of new things gets met through the day...

12 comments:

C's Mom said...

Beautiful furniture!

Thinking very fast thoughts for you :0)

Rebecca Lily said...

I bet the fairy walls will be beautiful!!! Very fitting for your beautiful girl.

The new furniture is great - how exciting to see her room coming together!!!!

Rebecca

Tish said...

gorgeous furniture! can't wait to see the mural...you are brave!!!

Annie said...

What pretty furniture. I'm looking forward to seeing the fairy mural!

That's exciting that Claire received her care package! I'm praying for a fast judge.

Anonymous said...

Check out the tatouage pictures of faires. That is what we used. I'm not as talented as you guys though. Best of luck on the painting.

Jan

Anonymous said...

This place had great borders and murals. We used the castle set for my nephew.
http://www.lelandswallpaper.com/index.htm


This place has great stencils. Precut is a lot easier then not. I used these for my little girl’s room
http://www.stencil-library.com/docs/catalog.htm

This is a great design idea blog- check the archives too
http://designinspiration.typepad.com/

Akabah said...

Hi Ann- thanks for all the nice comments on my blog! am so happy for you - Claire is absolutely gorgeous, and you must be over the moon. I was totally weepy too, after referral and pre-pickup! May you have a fast judge!

BabyBain said...

I love the furniture! I didn't realize we were sharing similar time frames. Hopefully the judge will be quick! Claire is beautiful!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

So exciting! What fun! And I'll send a thanks to the grandparents as well as I know how much this is appreciated. Love the fairy idea! The projection screen works very well as long as you can keep the dogs from bumping it. Awh... you're decorating!!!!! Congrats sweetie and best court karma being sent your way! =0) Sara

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and Jon. Finally your dream come true hopefully she will be in your arms very soon!

redmaryjanes said...

The furniture is just beautiful and so is little Claire. I will keep you in my prayers for your paperwork to process quickly so you can bring her home.

Just Us said...

I love the furniture...just beautiful!!!! Horray for your paperwork making it to Taiwan..here's to a speedy court process for ya. Kristie